Our Story

Our Story

Who we are

Sonali Bank (UK) Limited is the only  UK based Bangladeshi Bank.

Our Purpose

Serving the Bangladeshi Community since December 2001.

Who we serve

51% percent of the share capital is held by the Government of Bangladesh and the remaining 49% is held by Sonali Bank Limited, Bangladesh.

PRA and FCA Regulated

Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).

A few things we’re great at

Remittance

Sonali Bank (UK) Ltd allows you to safely and easily send money to friends and family in Bangladesh 

You can make a payment with our App, Online Services, by Telephone or you can visit one of our branches. The choice is yours.

Our Customer Service team are here to help you, in either Bengali or English.

Remittance

Sonali Bank (UK) Ltd allows you to safely and easily send money to friends and family in Bangladesh 

You can make a payment with our App, Online Services, by Telephone or you can visit one of our branches. The choice is yours.

Our Customer Service team are here to help you, in either Bengali or English.

Trade Finance

Bangladesh has established itself as one of the world’s most rapidly growing economies.

This expansion is largely driven by its export business and its textiles industry, making it one of the leading and exciting emerging markets.

Our experienced and dedicated Trade Finance Team are here to guide you and to facilitate this import/export business via our many correspondent banks within Bangladesh, and beyond.

Trade Finance

Bangladesh has established itself as one of the world’s most rapidly growing economies.

This expansion is largely driven by its export business and its textiles industry, making it one of the leading and exciting emerging markets.

Our experienced and dedicated Trade Finance Team are here to guide you and to facilitate this import/export business via our many correspondent banks within Bangladesh, and beyond.

Our Family

Sonali Bank Ltd, Bangladesh is fully owned by the Government of Bangladesh and has over a thousand branches across Bangladesh. SBL‘s other subsidiaries are Sonali Investment Ltd (Bangladesh) and Sonali Exchange Company Incorporated (USA). SBUK is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of six members. The Bank is headed by the Chief Executive Officer.

Our Family

Sonali Bank Ltd, Bangladesh is fully owned by the Government of Bangladesh and has over a thousand branches across Bangladesh. SBL‘s other subsidiaries are Sonali Investment Ltd (Bangladesh) and Sonali Exchange Company Incorporated (USA). SBUK is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of six members. The Bank is headed by the Chief Executive Officer.